Even if you have the world’s best security system, if you don’t install it properly, it’s worthless. Every system basic requirement is a perfect setup. Similarly, Netgear Arlo Home Security System needs a proper setup. When this system is installed properly it works with all the efficiency and excellence.
So, it is very important to properly setup the Arlo system in a correct manner and correct procedure. Perhaps, here we will discuss the ideal procedure to setup the Arlo cameras and system.
Steps for Netgear Arlo Setup
For setup of the Arlo system, it is very important to get all the things done very correctly and carefully. If you are having more than one or two cameras you will have to connect all those to the base stations. This will allow a stable central control of the cameras and its functioning.
So following are few steps that you need to perform in order to connect and install all the cameras perfectly.
1. Base Station Installation Procedure
First of all, the main frame of the system has to be installed, the base station. The base station is basically a device with which all the security cameras are connected using Wifi. And they all are operated and managed by this base station.
To setup the base station you need to carry out the following procedure:
- Connect the base station and the Ethernet router with the help of Ethernet cable.
- To provide the power to the device, you need to connect the AC adapter to the device.
- Plug in the adapter into the electric supply board, the socket, for the power supply.
- To start the device you will have to press the ON button that is present at the back side of the device.
After a couple of minutes time from completion of this setup you will see two LEDs lighten up. These are the LEDs for Power and Internet connections. This means that your device is powered and even connected to the internet properly.
2. Account Creation and Linking with The Base Station
To manage and control all the security cameras you will need an Arlo account first. With the help of this account, you are able to configure all the Arlo security cameras according to the requirement.
Features such as motion detection, night vision, and other such features can be personalized using this account, differently for all Arlo cameras.
To create the Arlo account and link it with the base station you have to go through the following steps.
- Go to the Arlo Login page. If you are using a mobile app, click the Arlo app icon and if you are using a computer then go to the Arlo Login page.
- If you are using the app you will see the “Enable Touch ID” option that will allow the fingerprint ID login. But if you want you can skip that part and keep that for later. Need to click "Skip"
- Now, you have to select the “New System Setup” option so that you are able to setup your new Arlo system.
- Once you are in the “New System Setup” you will have to click the “Arlo (Wire-free)“. This means you are willing to setup the Arlo camera system.
- As soon as you select the “Arlo (Wire-free)” option the system will start the process and will start searching for all the Arlo devices nearby.
- Then you have to select the serial number of your base station from the list of the devices that are being discovered by the system.
- Now select the time zone according to your global positioning. This will set the date and time of the cameras and the system.
- Press “Continue” option to process the further setup of your Arlo system.
- Here you have to finish the required steps that are done for the registration in the Arlo system for configuration.
- Press “Continue” to finish the account creation and linking.
After doing this you are needed to choose a suitable subscription plan for yourself.
3. Power-up Your Cameras
These Arlo cameras work on the rechargeable batteries and hence are more efficient being a wireless type. To properly install the batteries inside the Arlo cameras you need to do the following.
- Take your Arlo camera and turn it upside down.
- At the bottom, you will see the battery compartment where the batteries are being installed.
- Slide open the cover of that compartment by holding the latch on the cover. To do it perfectly, hold the latch and then drag the cover backward.
- To do it perfectly, hold the latch and then drag the cover backward. Later turn it up so that the battery compartment is opened.
- Take two batteries and insert it into the battery compartment. Please see to it that the position of the batteries and the terminals are perfectly matched.
- Take the other two batteries and place them in the compartment. Check that they are perfectly placed and terminals are matched properly.
- Now shut the battery cover back to its position properly and carefully.
It is advisable for all to use the standard and high-quality batteries.
4. Camera Sync with Base Station
It is very important to synchronize all the Arlo cameras with the base station. This helps to control and manage them through the base station and hence can store all the data at one place.
To synchronize all the Arlo cameras with the base station you will have to process few steps.
- Bring the Arlo camera near the base station. It should be in the range of 100 cms from the station just while the synchronization process is carried out.
- Now, you have to press the “Sync” button that is available on the side of the base station device. You have to keep it pressed for a couple of seconds and then release it.
- This will turn on the LED light on the device that shows Sync on it. This means the synchronization is on in the base station. You will have to wait for few seconds till the LED turns on.
- Later, you are required to press the “Sync” button that is present on the top of the camera for a couple of seconds. A blue LED at the front face of the camera will start blinking fast. This assures that the synchronization of the camera with the base station is done perfectly.
- Do the same for all the Arlo cameras that you have got.
5. Position your cameras
Now you have to position your Arlo cameras perfectly at the places you want. You have to do it with the help of certain parameters keeping into the consideration.
Placing the Arlo Camera
First of all, you have to decide the place where you want to place the camera. On the basis of this, you have to scan that place, finding the area where you can keep this camera or mount it.
If you are having a shelf or any support in that area, then you can place that Arlo camera on it. Or you can mount it on the wall directly using the mounting and magnet supports.
Positioning of the Camera
Now once decided the place see to it that it lies between the maximum range and the minimum range. This means that you have to place the cameras such that they remain within the maximum range- 300 feets and is beyond the minimum range- 10 feet from the base station.
This is the complete procedure to setup your Arlo Pro cameras along with the security system. It is the matter of safety of you and your family so follow all the steps correctly and carefully. When efficiently configured and proper setup in made, the Arlo system works in an optimum manner to offer you all the services without any troubles.